You look pensive!

I was eating salak while looking around our room in our new hotel. We moved in to a hotel listed on the best five in Ambon by a website. My friend asked me after she finished checking out how things work in the room. Actually I didn’t know what I was thinking but it seems I processed something. The room is so much different than what we had behind. That’s when I started to have a conversation with myself: what do I need? I came up with a list of advantages and disadvantages to move downtown.
My friend grinned after listening to my explanation why I looked pensive. We got what we want: to be downtown. Although… yes, the place is not beautiful. Sometimes when we are traveling we have to negotiate on or to trade something to get what we want. We have got what we want! That’s it!
Our young friend was still ill since morning so she stayed in. We roamed the hilly city in a becak that of course he only pedaling around friendly contour. We continued our exploration by walking. Ambon is not big but the hill is quite steep and some places look so far although actually are not. The downtown was not as busy as we thought. The only mall they have is… loud! Lots of shop, lots of people, and lots of different loud music! We were kind of stranded because it’s downpour outside so no choice. Walking like a mouse up and down in the mall where anything was so confusing.
We decided to just walk back to hotel in the rain with umbrella. It's a great walk even after we split because my friend could not cross the busy road. My fault. I was just too confident and realized later that she could not make it. But that’s fine too, we had different adventures. And more in the afternoon after we got together again. For some reasons, even as Indonesian I found ‘difficulties’ in communicating with the Ambonese. The dialect must be but it's so interesting how we use word and construct sentence differently.
We had nice dinner in the hill looking out the island from higher ground. It was nice and 'different'. Today is our last day on the island. We already have plan for our last day. Another day, another adventure.
Ambon has such a nice contour.