Saturday, July 26, 2008

It’s a great idea.


Saturday is for pampering self. Sunday is for family. My friend told me his life arrangement. I couldn’t have the same arrangement because I pamper myself anytime I’m in the mood and I don’t have family so Saturday and Sunday is like any other workdays. I do whatever I feel like doing but I know that my friend would hardly have time for me in the weekend because of the arrangement. Fine, we still have five days to do things together.

So I was surprised when he asked if I’m interested in attending a book launch with him this afternoon. Hm. Part of his self-pampering. Sure, I’m interested. It’s an interesting spiritual book by an Indian lives in Indonesia.

I could feel Saturday since got up. I slowed down doing activities and focused on what I need to do – my homework.
It was a fine day with 23 degree Celsius at 11 in the morning! Perfect! I drove downtown happy. I was ready to go to printing shop for Neru's stationery. But for quality reason, I need to share my files with the printing shop. I often felt they could not do exactly the same layout I do in my computer so actually I prefer them to scan my print out. It seemed that my idea was not that great. Trying is free so I walked out the door empty handed again. I had misplaced my flash disk so I had to buy so can share files.

The silver iPod nano had waited for me at Mac shop in Ubud I visited first time. My little friend had inspired me to buy a real iPod that I had tried Mac shop in Denpasar last week after dropped her off in airport. Strange green, not my style, so I didn’t buy. Anyway, the 2GB flash disk had entailed a 8GB iPod nano I’d been looking for. I had pampered myself. My way.

I enjoyed my afternoon so much. The talk was fine but the music… Been in and out Bali since long, I have been listening to numerous live Balinese gamelan but today’s gamelan is so different. It’s very fine! The composition, the timing, and also the quality of the gamelan. It’s real music! I must say it’s even better than the orchestra played at the palebon ceremony last week.

I felt refreshed after listening to good lively music. As always. The book is interesting. It’s another Da Vinci Code version – seeing Jesus from different point of view. I don’t ‘have patience’ to study history thoroughly but I’d like to know what people think about something we think in common. Nice.

My friend and I ended the evening by having early dinner. We chose a romantic spot by paddy rice field with candlelight of course. I have great ideas of how to survive, you have great ideas of how to spend. My friend commented after we sat down comfortably.

I have great ideas. Period.

Picture of barong – symbol of dharma – on the tower for keeping coffin during the palebon ceremony.