Thursday, July 10, 2008

It’s a good time.


Balinese are welcoming selikuran (twenty-one day) before Galungan day in mid August. It’s a good time to hold wedding and cremation. Life and death. It becomes in the discourse if one would be off for wedding or cremation ceremony. It’s almost certain that one’s agenda these days has either wedding or cremation ceremony dates of her/his relatives. Therefore when one promises to do something I have to make sure if she/he would be in or off at least four days. It’s good to know the pattern.

Today is my day off! Ayu was able to tend Neru all day. My ideal dream is tidying Pallava that made my friend admired me for my discipline. Oops.. I blushed. What a whip! Be a good example. I tried to be one. I ran errands in Tegallalang till after lunch time and tried to be at Pallava after that.

Actually I also told my friend that I missed ‘do nothing’. I sat at busy Nuri’s Warung when realized that I might need some times off. I feel I haven’t done enough but I need time to catch breath. I called Ayu in salon to know if my destiny is to have pleasure this afternoon.

Sure. I let myself having a short nap while Ayu working on my toenails. Oh… so good. I feel energized and ready to work at home. For a change.

Picture of Tenganan women.