Thursday, September 28, 2006

plug into ubud


I feel like walking in sleep. I got up around 3:30, had roti and susu then slept again. So strange. Two minutes before 7:00 I checked cellphone alarm and felt like for ever before the alarm actually went off. I must have fully awoken for two minutes then.

Nice morning. I went calmly preparing my solitude holiday. I managed to get all my stuff into my huge duffel-bag. I took ‘my life’ with me; books, beverages and soup, collage and art journal kits,.. PET’s statue, printer, PLV price tags,… I love my duffel-bag.

A few days before departing for a week holiday is always busy time for me. I did more decluttering to ensure longer holiday feeling when I’m home. Preparing staff’s job description for the days I’m absent. Writing instruction to take care of trouble with bank. So glad that I could be away from routine for awhile.

I participate in Ubud Writers and Readers Festival in Ubud. This is the third annual-event. I hadn’t had enough kick to attend the last year’s and this year I thought… it would be nice if I could take part in Ubud’s international event as part of Ubud life.

I studied the ‘complicated’ program for days, trying to tune into what I want to attend because so many nice sessions. I took it too easy that the tickets to join most workshops have sold out when I checked the ticket box just now. Many workshops only allow fifteen seats. Nice small group, true. I met an enthusiastic Indonesian girl who bought all tickets thru internet months ago. She is lucky to get herself tuned that early.

I took four-day pass to four-day main program and one workshop by Indonesian poet, SS. I don’t mind, the main program looks interesting too with many international speakers talking about their work in many fields from travel, journalism, love, history,… to cooking writings.

There would be some CD and book launchings in the evening, also poetry reading with Brazilian dancing, and.. movie under stars in a soccer field. So merry. Ubud looks alive. Many international visitors.

I look forward to joining the event although I have to work in PLV all day tomorrow hoo hoo. The opening is in the evening but I don’t think I would join. The ticket is almost twice more expensive than the four-day pass. Hm.

Photo of my Plug Into Ubud Art.