Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Bulldozing Day Two


I opened my lovely Chinese cabinet. I love this cabinet that can store a house in it. I looked at piles of curtains, tablecloths, pillow cases,.. Hm. This is not about collecting, more about change-of-mood habit. I cannot stand looking at the same thing, same color,… so over the years I keep buying new things to change the atmosphere.

I hesitated for awhile. What a huge pile.. Without thinking twice, I took out every single thing inside and put the heaps on the floor. I looked at them helplessly but no choice but to work on it.

I looked at my yellow curtains – pale and loud. I could not believe that I once was in colorful mood because the last five years I have almost all of my furnishings in broken-white. Hm.. Then some tees from old days, some were still new,..

An hour passed. I talked on phone while considering what to do with some items. When I finished, only half of the content were back into the cabinet. The rest were divided into categories: give away, re-use, and think-about-what. I took shower late but happy. I was sweaty all over after yoga and worked on the excess. Satisfied! Second day is as successful as the first day.

I returned to my assignment. I challenged myself to be a volunteer translator for the National Museum. They are going to publish a book on Majapahit in November and badly need lots of hand to translate from Indonesian to English. I took some reference books and started to read the material. I had to hold self from checking emails which came every now and then. Uh.

It took me less than an hour to translate one and a half A4 pages. Translating is not an easy task because the two languages have different way to express. It’s better to write from scratch either in Indonesian or English. I’m happy tho with the result. Not bad for my first ‘scientific’ writing after my thesis in 2000 :-)

I closed my day with chatting with my good childhood girlfriend. So nice with internet where we can meet each other anytime. I learned a lot from her. I feel better after an hour or so talking to her intensively. Soo nice.

I may spend my evening with cousins again like last evening. We have to make uniform for ATO’s wedding and the tailor lady may come to measure. She failed to appear last night. Uh.

Photo of my Bulldozing Day One yesterday.