Friday, May 29, 2009

Your serotonin is already high in the morning!


I looked at my friend. What? I never researched serotonin effect on my on-the-go spirit. She is the one who always on such activities that need physical endurance. I’m just a laid back girl compares to her 5-hour biking, 10-day trekking, 8-hour walk, 4-day stranded in an unknown island… And she is 17 years older than me! What happens with my serotonin? It might be high since early morning but I might hardly reach her level after hers been activated. It goes uncontrollably!!

She commented on my serotonin when I asked if she would like to join me meeting the Dutch jeweler. She thought that I always have something in my brain to keep digging. Discovering. I do. I do have great ideas and interesting items on my life menu but any physical endurance involved? Very little. It’s all entertainment of the mind. Tickling creativity. Teasing wallet to open. Throwing ideas and hiding.

Anyway, I thanked her for convincing our friends who are going on a 10-day cruise around lesser Sundas this coming Sunday about how high my serotonin could be. They are all in their 60s (or about) and I was just a baby with great ideas. We had a nice chat over sunset dinner in my friend’s house yesterday. Two couples and a lady who are ready to try a different ‘ground’ that I know I could not take. Cruising is a great idea to see places but being on a ship for ten days? Oh oh… I’m not that tough! And what they did today, two days before leaving for the tour? They went biking from Kintamani down to Ubud in 6 hours. Auw! My serotonin might never reach their level.

So yes, I went for a baby walk with my friend and one of our friends today. We walked the other hill called Subak Sok Wayah where we could find a very nice place to have fabulous breakfast. It’s in the middle of an organic farm run by a French with Balinese wife. The place is just beautiful in the middle of nowhere. No, it’s somewhere in the middle of rice field with lots of ducks. We even had ‘proper’ babaganoush and pita bread in such place. The bread was also beautiful. My Balinese neighbor friend could not believe how we could find the place.

And when we continued walking, we actually walked along a small creek heading back to central Ubud! We passed a spa we wanted to go. We stopped by a high-end ikat weaving shop run by foreigners to promote the villages in Timor, Flores, and other areas in Indonesia. And Pasar Ubud visit became another must-do when taking guest.

The weather was nice. It’s sunny and no wind but it’s just pleasant. We ended the day close to 5 o’clock. It’s a perfect day of walking, shopping, sipping, and gossiping. Girls walk.

So many duck colonies on the way. Very cute together!