Saturday, May 16, 2009

That’s the story of my life!


We both laughed. My friend and I chatted online last night, her morning in Tilghman Island, US. She came up with a new idea to give us reason to travel around Asia. But we laughed realizing that in most cases we ended up doing voluntary work for other people’s business. She is a nice person and has a brief business experience in the past. And although I have been in business 10 years but I must admit I only ‘know’ the theory. We enjoy doing nice things for others without calculating the business of it and of course no one is to blame if they take advantage of the act of kindness. That’s the story of our lives!

This morning I got the insight to unleash limitations I set for myself: in life, in business, and in many areas of life. I often put others first into my considerations when plan to do thing. How I like a clean slate when start doing anything. But do other people consider us when they plan things? They might do but it’s a free world after all.

I won’t do the other way, think about my want first, but now I realize the importance of being totally open. For one, I cannot control all factors in making plan: nature, other people, and myself. That I could also change mind on the way. Well, I’m looking through these points to consider my would-like-to-do things in the near future. I have some new business ideas in mind but it seems I have been trapped in too much considering again. Forgot the ‘just do it!’ principle.

I had another nice excursion with Dhana today. We went to visit my auntie in her new house. Nice cute little house in a new area. I always enjoyed inspecting a new house. How the house is divided and how the inhabitants use the space. That’s when I understand what is important in somebody’s life. My auntie squeezed a fish pond in the back yard and use an empty room as mushaala. Interesting neighborhood. As a retiree couple, they live in a newly wed housing complex.

We had pizza on the way back and used public transportation to get home. Malang felt cool and fresh this afternoon so it’s pleasant to sit in an open car. Back home, we giggled and discussed Dhana’s experiments on food. I learned.

Auntie’s cute house.