Sunday, May 31, 2009

I want to be by myself.


I told my friend how I want to cocooning at home today after a week of meeting friends. Not that I didn’t enjoy but… I just need time for myself. And I’m lucky that Sunday morning felt like Sunday morning. My noisy neighbor seemed to sleep over so no repetitive music and loud talk on the phone. It’s just nice to be with bird and chicken noise only.

Last night I spent almost five hours yakking with my new friend from New York in a nice restaurant looking out Ubud ridge. We just talked and talked. I only met her three times but we feel click already. The nice thing about us, we paced our conversation well. No one dominated the discussion. I care about it now since I realized that some people could be so dominating in conversation. That most of the time I preferred to stay quiet and be inactive. So my friend, she is also that type. We giggled a lot about it.

It’s so nice to be open to friendship since ‘friends’ are everywhere actually. Like the other day when I met my jeweler friends, I made friends with three friends of friends. And strange enough that all from different countries. Bali is a nice place to meet then befriend with people from all corners of the world. Only if we are open to that.

Today feels so long in a positive way. I spent morning and afternoon looking after house and laundry while online chatting with a friend. It’s possible now to be connected with someone in other part of the world like being in the same room. I also packed up for travel tomorrow. And now I’m writing in the dark since power is out the last one hour. I have no torch since power out rarely happened in Ubud so nothing I could do. Laptop is my only savior till the battery out two hours from now.

I only have light from a tea light candle in red glass at the moment. And of course from my laptop screen. I really hope the power back in a while since I haven’t finalized my packing. This is an example why I like to pack up long before departure. Good that I would not travel long even I would travel light this trip. I simplified my gadgets and clothing. So rare!

I look forward to roam eastern Indonesia…

Two brothers having fun at the orphanage. Nice flexy kid.