The climate in Bali is funny…

Our yoga teacher told my friend who has skin problem since she moved to Ubud. Then they talked about the ayurvedic healer from India who practices not so far from where we are. Anyway, I was just fascinated by the fact that the climate here is funny. It’s truly funny!
I was always well covered when walking in the sun. It’s so un-me! But I could not help it because my skin could not tolerate the nature well. Bees and insects just love to fly near me. They might not sting but something in them might make me itchy. And the grass! I still suffer from mild itchiness from rice field walk that left mark on both ankles. I don’t complain, I love nature, so I do what I can do to protect my body.
This morning I felt a bit dizzy again that my friends thought I was dehydrated from yesterday’s trip. Yes, I didn’t drink enough like always as I thought I’m bred as camel. I survived yesterday but not this morning. My friend said that the water in my body evaporated during sleep. Could be true! I downed a bottle of water, took iron pill, and had filling breakfast with milk. I could not afford feeling not well. I had a day to look forward after a nice full day yesterday.
I really had a long day yesterday. After spending 8-hour girls walk with two girlfriends, I had to decide at least two invitations to attend in the evening. I didn’t let myself rest for I knew I might not get ready and go again for the evening. I went to meet up with my jeweler friends since I hadn’t seen them long time and they didn’t come up to Ubud often.
We chose to meet in our favorite café. It’s favorite because of the location: near Neru, yoga shop, and funky florist we like; of the ambiance, and of course of the food! I have been regular even before I set up Neru last year. And last night, I got a surprise, the staffs called me by name! I checked out with my friend who was featured on the newspaper together with me if she was also addressed by name. Was not. Hm. I felt a bit malu about it that my friend didn’t agree on my feeling. Let’s the shine shining on you!! She really liked to remind me when I expressed my deepest feeling. Of course, I’m not that kind of malu type.
Like the kids who played Snow White in my young friend’s production. It’s her one-month project in the orphanage I went last January. We had so much fun to see the preparation, the final rehearsal, and of course the show! Kids are kids. They have their own world so it was hilarious to see them being so ‘original’. I saw the rehearsal in class last week that I felt like my friend must have been trying “to torture cats”. I hope this is the right expression of “trying to do something impossible”. My friend shared me the expression when she saw our friend trying to tame the kids. The kids did well in the show. They memorized the lines, they acted the way they should, and the rest were behaved while waiting for their lines. 30 minutes passed so quickly.
I haven’t committed my time to the orphanage except pay a visit sometimes. I’d like to do more for the kids in the future.
The complete set – Snow White, the Prince, and the seven dwarfs.