Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Now I know the meaning of…


…"got Facebook-ed"! I spent all morning replying emails and doing administration works in computer so I could not help but ‘watching’ the traffic in my Facebook. Glad that I assigned a separate email address for my Facebook accounts so the notifications do not clog my regular email accounts.

Anyway, I could not help but a bit active in watching other people’s and my attitude in virtual networking. The other day, a friend who has about 760 friends in her list, said that she once stopped communicating via Facebook since her comment to one was commented harshly by others. Then another friend shared her hesitancy because she heard a friend’s unwanted picture was being tagged. Things that I had anticipated.

So when a friend deleted a picture I uploaded because she thought she didn’t wear proper clothes in the picture, I had to accept. I didn’t think about it but others might have different impression about the way they want to look. That was when I started to be watchful of my personal consideration and others as well. I took off tag a friend made on my picture today, simply because I don’t want my picture appears in her links. Complicated? Welcome to the Tamagotchi world – the world of having a virtual ‘pet’.

It got me thinking, I cannot abandon this virtual network without deactivate my accounts first. I could not handle things that are beyond my control. Am I too serious? I cannot help it. And since Facebook also serves like an email account, my friends liked to send me message via my Facebook inbox. Welcome! I'm being Facebook-ed.

I spent all day unpacking, doing laundry, cleaning, and preparing stuffs for tomorrow. My real connection has resumed.

Walking in Salcedo Village from Saturday market.