Yesterday, my friends and I talked a lot about…

…what if we don’t have problem in life. Our Balinese friend said that we would be sitting next to Buddha statue and be serene. In short, it won’t be fun.
It started when we learned how he, as Balinese, handled a family issue in such a not-Balinese way. Then we discussed how our families perceive our reaction since we moved away from them. As Swiss, my friend's family thought she has been Americanized. As Javanese, my family thought I have been Westernized. As Balinese, our friend’s family thought our friend as… strange.
Our discussion extended to the fact that we are never completely free from issues in every step of life. My girlfriend felt for her husband who has started to lose a bit of memory and hearing. That nothing she could do to help had bothered her. Today I felt annoyed because some close friends’ names slipped off my mind. How could I? I remember the faces very well but took long time to recall their names. Ugh. Now I’m not too proud of my principle of Delete all messages. I should have kept some messages. It could be important.
The past two days I dug out my old hard-drive to find some files I needed. Like I said the other day, I could not help but checking out old pictures as well. I found some nice pictures that reminded me good times with closed friends. It’s nice but I liked to keep it in the old hard-drive. I didn’t take my friend’s suggestion to keep all pictures in one hard-drive. Mm… that’s nice but life also needs partition.
It’s Saturday night again.
Neat stairs in a park in central Makati, Manila.