Star
I had another short morning but no morning without stretching now. I’ve started to erase a guilt item from my list. I felt good when I sat in Benz (not mine, it’s BB taxi new fleet), like using my own car with driver. I particularly chose to use this taxi after tried the regular fleet on the first day. The driver didn’t know how to get the place and drove like bajaj driver.
By 10 o'clock I was in the Heritage library ready to have BA museum meeting. Nice to see some old faces. The library is the right place to meet friends because many groups like to use the place for group meeting. Today I noticed there’s many gold and silver stars hanging close to the ceiling. When I looked closer, it has name on each of the stars. A friend told me that the star is for people who have contributed to the Heritage. Aha! I walked around to find… my star!
The meeting was late and short. The project has been on almost a year now and no significant progress has been made so far. We have to deal with BA museum’s internal office politics and… personal ego. And the top-down culture where only boss can have idea and decide. All those complicated situation in a government office. So as team that has been assigned to assist the museum, we are working in the dark. We could only draw a vague conclusion, again, today.
I had nice lunch with two girlfriends. It’s funny that we used to have lunch twice a week, then once a week, then once a fortnight, now once two months. Our travel schedule only overlaps by days so often when we met one still had jet lag. Like today, our Melbourne friend was still disoriented but today is the only day she could meet me. When I’m around again in March, I would definitely miss the London girl and only have a few days to catch the Melbourne girl before she’s off for Taiwan. We laughed as we matched our schedule to meet again soon. It seems we have the prospect to be together again in May and in… Ubud! It’s worth waiting then.
I ended the day shopping (again) after having hair trim. When I was considering buying a sarong yesterday, my friend reminded me that I’d been a good girl in Bali for weeks. It’s true, in Bali I hardly spent money (except for business). So I bought the sarong. I carried the reminder till today. I bought myself colorful bras (on sale) and Crocs shoes I’d been eying for months. I need shoes to wear in Ubud. Some times I like to look more civilized. And don’t worry, it’s not the Crocs that looks like Dutch kelompen.
Walking out the shopping mall, I felt like a star carrying numerous shopping bags riding a Benz again on the way back.
Photo of my star in the Heritage library.