Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Fall


I had nice morning. I intended to stretch out in the garden but it was raining in the morning so was wet. Before I managed to plan anything else, Mama’s friend came to congratulate Mama. It was still 7 o’clock. People start very early in Malang because no traffic here. She is Mama’s assistant in the university, she knows Mama very well. I’ve talked with her about Mama’s memoir when we met in Ubud last May. Today we had no time to discuss but I managed to let her know quickly her part. I will follow up later through phone calls and text messages.

Then my university friend came over. We had a hot chat. I hadn’t taken bath when he dropped by on the way to work. It’s always hot when talked about his project with government office and international institution. I like to see persons that have a passion for works. He loves his work as lecturer and consultant. It’s never ending chat when we meet so half an hour is hardly enough.

I went with Mama to a private library in a housing close to our house. It’s a family library that has monthly activity. Mama’s good friend had a talk about her recent book – like memoir. The library held writing competition months before and today they announced the winner. The talk was interesting. I read her book a few months ago, like a blog with selected posts. I plan to use similar format for Mama’s living memoir. Nice to get inspiration.

The rest of the day? Not much to do. We went to cell phone service center to check Mama’s new cell phone battery. Malang’s size and traffic don’t tire us. It's so convenient even if we make mistake because make another turn takes no time.

Time flies. We are going out to dinner tonight. Before I know it, tomorrow is my last day.

Photo of fall in Mama’s garden.