Thursday, January 18, 2007

Forever Friends


I got my first birthday card yesterday. A close childhood girlfriend is rarely absent sending me a nice card from wherever she is. I haven’t opened the card but wrote her a thank you email last night. Her reply is touching. It reminds me of how close we are as girlfriends for 35 years. It brought tears.

I started early running errands today. I really enjoyed my time. Sun was bright; as bright as Bali sun but not as fun because of hot and heavy. The parking ticket girl greeted me. She lives behind my house and recognized me. We talked a bit about our neighborhood. Nice.

The hypermarket was a nice place in the morning. So quiet and neat. I got what I need quickly in less than half an hour. It’s a nice exercise to walk briskly in such a huge place. It reminds me of my friend’s comment on my calm movement. I hardly associate myself with calmness when it comes to move. I like to do things quick quick quick..

I got PI mall early. I ran other errands including bought a money clip for MW. He liked mine and wanted the same. Nice. I ran into a good male friend from office. We made a date to have lunch after our birthdays that fall a week apart. He’s my first Aquarian male friend that I feel comfortable to chat. We have a lot in common.

And meeting RAD over lunch is always nice. It becomes a luxury now to meet her since she started school. Suddenly she has mountains of obligation in office because of the limited time.

Nothing important happened today but I feel warm knowing that I have a lot of good friends who care about me, who are there for better for worse, who support me, who push me to challenge life more, who remind me to enjoy life more,.. What a luxury..

Photo of sokasi (palm leaf box) I bought in Ubud as birthday gift for NIE.