Friday, September 18, 2009

The weather plays peekaboo with us!


My friend and I were walking under an umbrella along the rice field from our favorite organic restaurant. We were meeting two friends up there to have nice chat over a ‘surprise’ breakfast. Surprisingly good meal and surprisingly not-so. Whatever, the place had a nice view so it’s always nice to spend morning there. It was cloudy and drizzling since I got up. Unlike the hot and humid Jakarta these days (they say), Ubud has unpredictable rain and sun all day that my friend and I had to fold and unfold our only umbrella several times during the walk.

I did laundry after I got home a bit past noon. I trusted the weak sun could help drying my clothes. I could not wait any longer since I have a Himalaya high dirty laundry from the trip and linen. It’s fun though, like always. I haven’t finished tidying up my stuffs from the travel either. I have two nice mementos from the trip that need time to find the right spot. It’s a pair of old kelompen (that looks really old in Ubud) and an aged African mask that had scared my Belgian friend when I bought. She didn’t want to shower in my place if I hang it in bathroom. It looks like a Buddha to me, the eyes look down. Mystique. That I like.

The past three days since I returned I felt a bit 'pressurized' by friends who sought help for accommodation in Ubud and an organization I also belong. It’s been long that many people call me PIN (Pusat Informasi Nasional) that I don’t mind to share whatever information I have but… once they set time I might not be able to meet or ask for thing I’m not sure I can do? That’s when I ask myself, how far should I offer help? Why do I feel obliged? I might have to consider my friends’ suggestion to start a travel agent. Or, professional service of… anything? When I’m in business, I do things professionally unlike now when I prefer to do things my time.

Anyway, it’s just an observation. My friend in Holland already came up with a business proposal to do between Holland – Bali. Ha. Another similar business I have started in Manila. I liked to listen to my friends’ idea and don’t mind to give it a try together. It’s always nice to share passions with friends. But… no pressure please.

Door knobs I found in a nice shop in Gent.