Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ah you had an exercise already!


A friend commented after I shared about my experience dragging my heavy suitcase through three train stations from Eindhoven to Gent in Belgium. I had to pass two overstappen before arrived Gent. I noticed from the schedule that for each sector I only have six minutes to find the next spoor. And, small stations don’t have lift. So I was happy climbing or walking down the stairs with my cute new silver suitcase that weighs nothing when empty. So what have happened to it now? My nice friend in Bergeijk gave me as present a "bit" of Dutch food: ontbijkoek (long one), dark and white chocolate bars, a bag of licorice drop, and a bag of stroop wafels. Glad I like them all but… Do that add to my suitcase weight? I don’t understand.

I had a good long day. I was already in computer at 4:30. My usual pattern is back! I tiptoed down the stairs and sat on the stairs to catch neighbor’s wifi in my friend’s place. Her house only has one cable that goes into the family’s computer. Good I found a good spot to catch the neighbor’s. The house only started to live after 8:30 that by then I had finished two digi-collages for my thank-you notes to my friends. We were in time though to be in Eindhoven station before 10:30. I was meeting my other friend I knew in Manila. His apartment was just in the opposite of the station. We both enjoy antiques and old stuffs so I got a nice tour of the apartment.

I was so sleepy so I let myself dozing off in the first sector of my trip. I held my computer bag tightly then off. An hour felt so short which is good. My cute friend, my last leg of the trip, picked me up in Antwerpen Centraal station so I was happy to have a company on the last one-hour trip to Gent, Belgium. She was just nice. And not just that, she made my bed and cook dinner!

We haven’t explored the town yet but we had fun walking to supermarket to buy groceries. I felt like we shopped for four people stay for one week. That’s okay, it’s part of the fun! Now we are ready to rest after studying a trip for tomorrow. No more trip to Paris because the train tickets have to be arranged at least two weeks before departure and also simply because the price of the bullet train ticket is just… out of reach!

Well, we will reach something else tomorrow.

Wednesday 22:45

My friend’s cat, Puti, enjoying my bed.