Now You Know

I just found out when I was going to publish this post.
This is the 1000th post since I started on 8 February 2006.
Thank you Rad, my friend,
who had given me the idea
to start a blog.
A bow for you!House was empty by 7. Dhana and the house-boy had left for school. I awoke too early then slept again so didn’t feel good when got up before 6. I did few emails then played piano! I didn’t remember when the last time I played. I was not sure of myself. Said that we would never lose the skill like cycling and swimming. My skill is rusty now. It took a few songs to bring the feeling back. I’d been barely good in playing piano since ever. It seems.
I started the day early (already late for Malang-ers) at 8:30. I spent almost three hours from desk to desk in bank and notary office. It’s typical that we could not get all information before we came with what we thought is enough. That’s when I understand that administration takes a lengthy time to finish. Fine. There’s nothing I could do. Respect the house rule.
I had lunch with my childhood friend Tetet who had an idea to do something in a space we have. I interviewed her to know more about her idea before we visited the house. Mama’s neighbor greeted me. My sister and I are lucky to have grown up in a warm neighborhood. We and the neighbors have known each other since the 1960s.
We walked around the house. I felt like rediscovering the house I thought I'd known all my life. It looked so different now. Of course. And more, the space had different dimension to my have-grown size. I enjoyed every room and cherished nice memory with Mama, Papa, and my sister. I imagined my sister and me in our bedroom where we often had pillow fight. Very nice!
I closed the day visiting Mama’s jeweler. I’d been thinking about him since Mama passing away. I came to visit him to make sure that Mama didn’t have anything with him: jewelry or debt. He looked happy to see me. In the end, I learned about handmade and cast jewelry. I decided to buy several silver jewelry as a kick-start of my new venture with my friend in Manila. I thought about it for a while before made a decision. Yes, I have to start somewhere. It could be here too.
When I got home at 4:30, I felt like I had spent the day productively. Now I know that I need to invite my sister to visit Malang soon to speed up administration process. That I had also made a decision to start a new venture. It is now.
Picture of windows of our childhood house in Malang.