Basic Instinct

Have lunch with your staff. A friend had suggested when I said I didn’t have friend to spend Sunday. Not that. I didn’t need a company, I needed a partner to bounce ideas around. Any idea. Rusty, fresh, or made up. I’d better stay in rather than wander around if no one available. It was a good sunny day.
Funny the past days I used up my time enjoying depressing stuffs. I read Tony Parsons’ Man and Wife – one novel of his famous trilogy about man-woman relationship. I had read the last one in the trilogy that I haven’t seen yet the connection because I forgot what was the novel about. I just noticed a common thread of both novels, both talking about man’s feeling on his relationship with women and being involved in a blended family – a modern family Parsons’ called – where being a parent is not necessarily being a biological parent. Learning from other people’s life, I could feel the complication.
Yesterday I watched Little Black Book for the sake of ‘watching a movie’. I couldn’t care less when the movie turned out exaggerated. About a girl who dug out information about her boyfriend’s past life. The book and the movie reflect the basics in a relationship. After all, I liked the way the girl put it after her relationship ruin because of what she did. She concluded that there are things that better left as a secret. That’s very true! What matter is now.
To close the depressing entertainment for the weekend, this afternoon I watched The Pianist – about a musician who survived the World War II. It’s a very good movie. Of course. But it's also depressing because it’s so good! It’s so real! The violence, the fear, the luck.
It’s Sunday night and I’m ready to start a new week. I survived the depressing entertainment. They don’t depress me.
Picture of a man painting roof at Regina Building in Escolta, Manila.