Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Re-do, Re-visit, Re-new

I had busy weekend that had three aspects of: redo, revisit, and renew. It’s nice. It feels like ‘reborn’ after weekend is over but, YES, I’m exhausted. I spent my morning today tidying bedroom and house. My favorite ‘meditation’ when tired or ‘in trouble.’ And Ibu Scrubber was my big treat today. Nothing is better than having her scrubbing me. She’s simply the best!

On Saturday, I ‘redid’ my view of a relationship. It needed a ‘shock’ to see the different side of everything. And a ‘good’ shock is in the eye of beholder. So glad I was able to see that. I could see the good side of everything. I consider any individual same important.. has importance. I enjoyed the relationship even more since then.

Yaa.. I did ‘redo’ and ‘revisit’ in a day. I went to places I didn’t go for some months and years. It’s good to be back to see that everything was still… the same! It’s boring yes cos I expected to see new ‘development.’ In the other hand, it reminded me of something I wanted to do since long.. take the course to be a tour guide at Museum Nasional. Thing that I had in mind since I joined the Heritage five years ago. I still need a ‘shock’ to ‘develop’ self..

I also liked the visit to Museum Jakarta (Fatahillah). I think it looked different now. I never saw the backyard and the underground dungeon. It’s spooky. Hmm.. many nice things around Jakarta that I didn’t put much attention.

The Museum of Fine Arts was also ‘new’ to me. I never realized its existence until I read Jakarta Explorer book carefully. No one ever told me that. Looking at the collection, I must say that they only put second – if not third – grade quality paintings. It’s very understandable. To keep paintings in good condition requires lot of funds. Blessed the private collection. I enjoyed it tho. I found KIE’s father, my uncle's, men-in-war painting. That’s very rare cos he did more family portraits and installations during his life. I didn’t find any other painters from family except, of course, Affandi. The rest of the day was fun, more ‘redo-s’ and ‘revisit-s.’

I had nice Sunday too. More ‘revisit-s’ and ‘new visits.’ I liked what I did in the morning, afternoon, evening, and late. I listened to my heart in the morning, I listened to my commitment in the afternoon, I listened to my auntie in the evening, and I listened to my cousins in karaoke later the night. Ha ha… so many listening in a day.

Yaa, we went to MGK (Mall Glodok Kemayoran) -- new place that had only 15% shop open. We went to check nice IKEA-like shop, but expensive. Then, we had shrimp ‘party’ at uncle IND’s house. I ate quite a lot of shrimp over nice chat – forget about the high cholesterol rate he he. I became the family adviser on biz and health. Before home, I gave them numerous phone numbers of dentist, gyne, lab,... Day was ended in karaoke room with four cousins. I almost slept in couch after 16 hours out of house. Glad karaoke took only two hours cos we arrived late. Too many things in a day, and in a weekend, but I liked the ‘variety.’ Most were ‘new’ -- tho it had ‘re’ concept in it.


Note: Photo of a becak part in Museum Jakarta (Fatahillah) display.