Thursday, February 23, 2006

Para Perempoean

It’s Wednesday again. We had UB stall at ladies bazaar again after a week vacuum. But this Wednesday was different. We decided to have a night out – all girls – after bazaar over. It’s YAN’s birthday today. It would be nice to get together at birthday midnight – all girls cos most partners were not in town. I texted other girl cousins to come. The more the merrier..

It was a day of quiet business. I was not productive; wireless didn’t work till later in the evening. No friend came over. It was raining on-off. Nothing new. I waited for a ‘kick’ of the day that never came..

We all were ready an hour before midnight. We had The Evil Sisters cousins -- RIN, DIA, TIE, ERI; birthday sisters -- YAN, ATO; NIL (bazaar buddy) and me. Two were absent. At first I thought it was not enough crowds. Later, that was MORE than enough!

We went to Liquid, a lounge bar, near UB stall! We just selected the place for practical reason. Nice location; no need to drive out. We observed this place since we had UB stall there. It's always busy after 22:00; many youngsters came dressed up. Once we were inside, we giggled. We were juuust perfect to be everybody’s AUNTIE! They were all young, really young -- high school and uni students -- that could be 20-25 years younger. We joked about them could ask us to go cos they felt like being watched by… their MUM! Ha ha. Music was okay tho. Nothing like ‘too young’ music for us. Later we found the music was even ‘too soft and monotonous.’

RIN and I bought small cake and ordered ‘seriously heavy’ alco drink for the birthday girl. Too bad she was too busy answering a call (from hubby?) at midnight. We just had short ‘ceremony,’ then party started. Everyone had her own glass. I drank a sip here, a sip there,.. Nice. Been long that I hadn't had to ‘look after self’ while partying, this time I had to! I had the birthday girl and ATO in my car. I drove, so did NIL! We had to keep our heads afloat!

NIL had espresso before went home two hours later. Watching NIL sipped, I smelt myself ‘in trouble.’ Uh oh.. my head swung.. I knew the theory.. never mix.. never mix.. and I did mix! And as I moved a lot, the mix was ‘well stirred.’ Oh.. I swung to sit and felt my head. This could not happen.. this could not happen.. I had to drive.. What’s Plan B? I ate more fries, I had Coke more,.. and planned to have espresso for emergency when things could not be ‘controlled.’ I never really cared about what I had cos I always had someone to drive me home, although I could not guarantee anybody either.

DIA was busy ‘bonding.’ She’s the one in the gang who had the ‘ability’ to make a man / men to move to her table. She had the ‘gift.’ She’s not physically attractive but she has ‘appeal.’ Powerful ONE! We just watched ‘her choice,’ while making sure that she 'chose the right one' ha ha.. Before long, she started to get connection with one who stood near our table. His back was not appealing to me at all -- tho face was ‘acceptable’ hm.. And later, he’s attracted to me more than to others. Aaarrghh.. I signaled DIA to ‘divert’ him to the birthday girl!! Perfect plan!

I was in ‘trouble’ after few more toasts between the boy and birthday girl. She was already ‘half conscious.’ She was totally out after that. She clung to this boy! They talked really close, they exchanged numbers, oooh… I blamed DIA for being our ‘personnel department,’ -- doing the recruitment. Uh uh.. When DIA told him that we were all MOTHERS, he said that we had good shape and looked young! We wondered what happened if he knew how old was the birthday girl. FORTY!! Ha ha…

Four hours passed, I went thru long process to take birthday girl home. She needed a support to walk to car but I didn’t want him to follow us -- tho my feeling told me that he’s a nice boy. I managed to get ATO and YAN into the car after he drove away. I drove home giggling all the way. ATO was sitting in front. We felt like
Thomson and Thompson from The Adventures of Tintin. We were ‘clumsy’ and afflicted with ‘spoonerism’ ha ha.. While in the back sitting Captain Archibald Haddock!! Ha ha.. She mumbled all the way. Oh we were bad girls. I felt bad and good at the same time.

It was so good to be a perempoean!


Note: Photo of Majapahit Goddess. Stone sculpture at
Museum Nasional.