Sunday, December 27, 2009

What’s on your mind?


Mopping porch. My friend often asked such question I can hardly reply. We Indonesian, or Javanese, are not used to share our feelings verbally. Although I’m not a good example of a Javanese still I’m not good in sharing my feeling orally in instant way. It takes me a couple seconds to minutes before I can come up with something to share. I have a lot in my mind at a time but how can I break them down in seconds and share them in a couple of minutes? Not many people have the patience to wait for one’s explanation. I learn. So I like to listen more than to talk. People need others to listen and I don’t mind to be on the ears side.

Back to what’s on my mind, I’m living without plan these holidays. I just follow whatever that comes whenever. I’m kind of tired with planning. That’s one thing I want to loosen up next year. Sometimes I appeared too stiff about what I want – stiff to myself that in the end it affects others too. Not good, not good. But, these days, I’m processing a new layout for my blog in mind. I thought about it while in shower, in bed before and after sleep, mopping floors, wiping car… It’s nice to work things out ‘virtually.’

I had nice time yesterday. Visiting a couple in Peliatan who is finishing their beautiful nest by rice field. I have been visiting many houses around Ubud and their house is among few that I don’t have issue during the tour. I mean… hardly one spot disturbed my freaky perfectionism. I accept the fact that in Ubud I cannot expect to see a perfect building like in Jakarta but nothing is impossible they say. And of course, the architect has become my favorite since long time. If I had project handled by him, I could sleep tight and wake up happy. Anyway, it’s great!

My friend and I also attended a photo exhibition in a contemporary art gallery in Mas. It’s a nice B/W photos on watercolor paper with nice Balinese frame. It reminded me of my experiment in the past. I also liked to print pictures on regular or colored paper then torn it off to give nice effect along the edge. So it’s refreshing to see the idea again. The exhibition opening was well attended by people who live in Ubud full time and part time so it’s nice to meet quite many people I know in the village. It’s like an impromptu get-together. It’s just pity that the opening was ‘too soft.’ No speech or mark to open the exhibition. We just enjoyed watching the vibrant American photographer walking around meeting people. He was such a scene himself: good looking, funky stylish, with B/W shoes and big jewelry from a well-known jeweler resides in Ubud. Realizing that many in the room are produced in Ubud (although by foreigners), I feel good to see that we support each other business.

Today is Sunday! It’s a bit cloudy after rain last night. Bali has really nice weather these days. I thank the Universe every day for the nice sun and a few rain sometime on the day. It’s perfect! Going to Sunday market must be perfect for Sunday morning.

Two boys playing with snakes I spotted in a warung in Tebongkang, Ubud.