Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Hari Om Tat Sat!


That’s the best thing I heard today. End of yoga practice, signal our teacher uttered to release us home. I almost gave up the practice in the middle of the session. It was so hot, so hot that my short breath hit me. It was so sunny that I could feel warm wave in front of my body. The thought of experiencing menopause suddenly scared me. I observed my over-50 yoga teacher that looked good and comfortable with her body although she doesn’t have air-conditioner in any of her rooms in her house. Although she has been living in Asia over twenty years but for people who are from four-season country to live in a place like Bali must be not easy.

Anyway, I survived to the end of practice. I could hear Mama says… Kurang makan itu! She often caught me in low energy because I didn’t eat well. She also often reminded me that I could suffer from hunger inside a food-storage because I was too lazy to eat! And I am still now! I thought about my favorite warung that I didn’t visit since I got back a month ago. I don’t have the appetite and without my dear friend around… no one kicks me to have lunch ‘properly.’

I blame it on the heat as well. What a long summer this year! I don’t know what I should wish for the coming days: blue sky (like my friend said) or wet rain. As I remember, December in Bali was not my favorite time at all. It’s all wet and gloomy without sun! It’s different this year. A combination of sun and rain would be nice but that’s ideal. I care about my water consumption since my water-expert friend asked me the other day what is my consumption as individual. I don’t have meter since the water comes from private well but I know that as individual my consumption is fairly economical. I don’t turn basin tap on while brushing teeth like many do. The way I mop the floors is also economical. I thought. Anyway, what I care actually is about how I keep my moss-wall in the shower green. That’s a minor example. What about the whole garden that my gardener trying to keep green every other day? That’s when my water consumption as individual may become high!

I still have some items on my to-do list that quite bother me. I thought when I was walking to yoga studio this morning what life would be without to-do list? It may not be fun! When I see it from this point of view, I thank the Universe for giving me the list. My today’s horoscope answers to my questions “If fact, sticking to your agenda today may be like pushing a huge boulder up a steep hill and you could end up exhausting yourself without anything to show for all your hard work. Instead, ease off on the reins of control, but don't be lazy. Use this time to reconsider your desires and think about what's most important to you.” I like the don’t be lazy and think about what’s most important to you points.

I called two professionals to come to house tomorrow. One to handle annoying rodents (or any animal that reside on my roof) and one to fix television antenna. Among items I want to cross off my list before I leave for Java soon.

The green wall in question.